Daryl focuses on supporting SME businesses (early phase up to c.£200m turnover, private or public) to achieve their strategic plans and growth ambitions through the holistic delivery of Board & Senior appointments (Exec or Non-Exec). He works across a wide spectrum of industries facilitating both permanent and interim management appointments.
Although the breadth of sectors worked across is wide Daryl does have particular operational background in Consumer (including FMCG), and Manufacturing; his expertise has however been valued by many diverse clients at opposite ends of the spectrum, from Financial Services to high profile Not-for-Profit organisations! With a track record of successful delivery in retained Search, Search and Selection and Interim Management mandates (UK & International), ultimately people trust Daryl to diligently deliver on promises by identifying and engaging the best person (references available).
Daryl’s approach is holistic in order to ensure that clients can confidently make an appointment in the knowledge that a diligent and thorough process has been followed; conducting face to face interviews regarding each specific position, addressing any competencies and key areas as agreed upfront with our clients and thereafter provide detailed written candidate summaries upon shortlist presentation, giving an initial appraisal of candidate suitability. The written report, which can include psychometric assessment findings, provides clients with information beyond the CV that will help inform as to what the most salient questions and topics might be for their interview process.
Non-Executives are of great interest and he proactively maintains a close network, as appointing a quality Non-Executive Director (NED) or a Chairman (NEC) is one of the most valuable decisions an SME (whether privately owned and/or PE / VC backed) can make. The cost of engaging NEDs or NECs are beneficial in comparison to Executive hires and the ROI can be phenomenal.
Retained ‘Headhunting’ / Search & Selection for Executives at C-Suite, Board or Professional Management including for example:
- Chief Executive (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Managing Director (MD), Finance Director, IT Director, Human Resources Director, Operations Director, Sales Director, Marketing Director and Programme Director
- ‘Heads of’ Finance (including Financial Controller), IT, Human Resources (including senior Business Partner), Operations, Procurement, Facilities, Supply Chain, Legal, Project Management and Sales
- Non-Executive Chairman (NEC) & Non-Executive Director (NED)
- Cross-functional Interim Management specialists to facilitate change, turnaround, lead projects or to ‘gap-fill’ for critical positions.
Daryl is a globally connected Search consultant with a broad commercial background having worked for global US & UK organisations within EMEA finance and commercial roles. Prior to accepting a Partnership with CNA International (Search & Interim), he was an Associate Director with an international executive recruitment firm, recruiting cross-functional senior and Board level talent (permanent and interim) and leading the Non-Executive Practice.
At CNA he mainly supports SMEs (early phase to c.£250m turnover, private or public) to achieve their strategic plans and growth ambitions. As a generalist he has a breadth of sector experience from Manufacturing, such as Medical Devices and Consumer markets (including FMCG) to Financial Services and even high profile national charities.
He has a track record of success as a Search Consultant in retained Search & Selection mandates (UK & International) & Interim Management; Boards trust him to diligently deliver on his promises by identifying and engaging the best person to often aggressive timelines. His attention to detail and ‘Completer Finisher’ orientated profile make him a somewhat atypical recruiter!
Non-Executives are of particular interest to Daryl and he maintains a close network, he affirms that “appointing a quality Non-Executive Director or a Chairman is one of the most valuable decisions a SME can make – engaging someone of this experience and calibre has phenomenal, business changing, ROI potential!”
Experience & Capability:
- Retained ‘Headhunting’ / Search & Selection for Executives at C-Suite, Board, Director level or Management:
– CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, CTO
– MD, Directors & ‘Heads of’ Finance, IT, HR, Operations, Sales & Marketing
– Programme Directors
- Non-Executive Chairman
- Non-Executive Directors (NED)
- Interim Management specialists to facilitate change, turnaround or ‘gap-fill’ critical positions
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
Other Services provided:
- Compensation & Benefits Review – to aid retention & attraction strategy